- 0 (Registered)
Membership of the Institute provides the needed certification to play a role as a Cost Manager in organization. Globally, the emergence of cost pressure on the operations of both public and private sectors firms has further increased the need for organization to explore the option of Cost management to stay competitive. This scheme of membership admission is a window expected to provide those interested in the profession a relatively short cut option to acquiring the professional certification as a Cost Manager.
The scheme is designed to, within a very short time frame, impact on the candidates the fundamentals of Cost Management. It will expose them to the application of cost management principles in delivering cost effective and efficient service for organization,
Objectives of the programme
- At the end of the programme participants would be able to:
- Show understanding of the practice of cost management
- The application of employee personality and attitude to drive cost management
- The psychology of change process in cost management paradigm shift
- Explain the concept of cost management
- Enumerate the processes involved in cost managing cost
- Apply the knowledge gained in achieving cost effectiveness and efficiency for organizations
Duration: 3 weeks online but 1 weekend class work (as scheduled)
Course fees N45,000 including online examination
- Holders of minimum of 1st degree in any discipline or professional equivalent, ACA, CNA, CIMN, ICPAN, CIS, CITN, CIBN etc.
- Those with proven long experience in managerial position in both public and private sector would be considered.
The Fundamentals of Cost Management Practice
The Psychology of Cost Management Practice
- • An overview of employee behavior and personality
- • The application of employee personality and attitude to drive cost management
- • The psychology of change process in cost management paradigm shift
- • Communicating cost management process and practical strategies to motivate employees for cost management buy-in
The Applications of Cost Management Techniques